Blue Cross Complete of Michigan encourages an open, communicative work environment that prohibits discrimination and unlawful harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to associates and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Blue Cross Complete complies with applicable federal civil rights laws, including:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as implemented by regulations at 45 CFR part 80
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 as implemented by regulations at 45 CFR part 91
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (regarding education programs and activities)
- Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act; and section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act