Understanding Your Core Benefits
We want to help you get, stay and be healthy. That means health care benefits that give you the care you need, when you need it. Blue Cross Complete of Michigan members have a wide range of benefits, including:
- Preventive and routine health care such as doctor visits, vaccines and more
- Medical supplies, like diabetes test strips
- Urgent and emergency care
- Transportation to and from covered medical services
Information about benefit requirements can be found in your Blue Cross Complete Member Handbook (PDF) and Certificate of Coverage (PDF). A list of programs and services available to you can be found in the Benefits Snapshot (PDF). For additional questions, call Customer Service at 1-800-228-8554. TTY users, call 1-888-987-5832.
Some services require your doctor to submit a request to Blue Cross Complete to treat your condition. This is known as an authorization. The Prior Authorization Requirements Form (PDF) explains which services require an authorization.
As a Blue Cross Complete member, you’re not required to pay for medically necessary, covered services from Blue Cross Complete network providers.
If you get a bill or statement, call Customer Service at 1-800-228-8554, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. TTY users, call 1-888-987-5832.
You may have to pay when:
- A service is provided by a provider who isn’t in the Blue Cross Complete network and prior authorization wasn’t given to see this provider (except for emergency services).
- The service provided isn’t covered by Blue Cross Complete. Your provider told you that it’s not covered and you signed a written agreement to pay for the service before you received it.