Important Legal and Privacy Information
This information includes what we do to protect your privacy and the terms and conditions of using our website.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Our privacy practices comply with regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). They apply to all Blue Cross Complete of Michigan members.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF) tells you that:
- We won't use your protected health information for marketing communications except where the law permits.
- You have the right to be notified if there's a security breach that involves your protected health information.
- We won't use or disclose genetic information for underwriting purposes.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to make a written request for an electronic copy of information that we keep in a designated record.
- We won't use or disclose your protected health information in any way other than those described in our Notice of Privacy Practices unless we have a signed authorization.
For more information about your privacy rights, or to get our privacy forms, call us at 1-800-228-8554.