Other transportation options
When you schedule your ride, we’ll determine the best kind of transportation, based on your needs. The ride service uses a network of local transportation vendors, so you may be picked up by a cab company, a wheelchair‑equipped van or another type of vehicle.
In certain situations, you may use bus tokens or mileage reimbursement. Bus tokens may be offered if you’re able to ride the bus and the bus route is within a quarter mile of your home.
If you have your own transportation and choose to drive yourself, you can get reimbursed for your mileage. Call 1‑888‑803‑4947 before going to your appointment to get a trip number or request a mileage reimbursement form. You'll need to complete the form, have your doctor sign it and mail it as instructed. If you have a relative or neighbor drive you, you can use the form to reimburse him or her.
Follow these steps to get reimbursed for mileage:
- Print the mileage reimbursement form (PDF). If you don’t have access to a printer, call 1-888-803-4947 and request a mileage reimbursement form.
- Call 1-888-803-4947 to schedule your trip. During this call, you will receive a trip number. Write your trip number on the mileage reimbursement form. Your trip number must be on the reimbursement form to get mileage.
- Fill out the entire form, leaving the “Physician/Clinician Signature” field blank for your provider to sign.
- Take the form with you to your appointment and have your provider sign it. You can put up to seven trips on one form. You must submit a separate form for each driver.
- Mail your completed form to the address on the form.
For more information on mileage reimbursement, view the mileage reimbursement instructions (PDF).
For transportation assistance, call Blue Cross Complete’s Customer Service at 1-888-987-5832.